Profile & Practice Areas
Andrew W. Barnes brings his Southwest Michigan clients practical and insightful advice in the areas of Real Estate Transactions, Mortgages, Commercial and Residential Mortgage Foreclosures, and Debt Collection Litigation.
Andy represents numerous financial institutions in matters including:
- Complex commercial foreclosures
- Residential foreclosures
- Loan workouts
- Regulatory issues related to state and federal law
- Forbearance agreements
- Debt collection litigation
Andy also represents clients in commercial and residential real estate transactions, land contract forfeitures, eviction actions and lease negotiations.
With the increasingly complex areas of General Civil Litigation, Business Formation and Estate Planning, he has provided counsel and assistance.
Additionally, Andy advises and represents numerous Convention and Visitors Bureaus from across Michigan in matters related to the enforcement of the various Convention and Tourism Marketing Acts that exist under Michigan law.
- Agri-Business/Food Processing
- Asset Protection Planning
- Claim Litigation/Arbitration
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Property Leasing
- Commercial and Contract
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Corporate and Business Planning Services
- Environmental Law for Real Estate
- Estate Planning
- Family Estate Planning
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Real Estate Financing
- Real Property Sales and Acquisitions
- Real Property, Development, Construction and Financing
- Restructuring, Workouts and Short Sales
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Real Estate, 2013-2017
- State Bar of Michigan
- South Haven Kiwanis Club, Member
- South Haven Community Foundation, Director