Profile & Practice Areas
Mowitt S. Drew, III, as the Managing Director and Practice Group Leader of the firm’s Southwest Michigan offices, recognizes the importance of creatively employing all methods and strategies to meet his clients’ goals and expectations. He is a seasoned trial lawyer with more than 15 years of experience representing corporations, municipalities and individuals in complex litigation and related matters.
Goal orientated and strategic in his thinking, Mitt thoroughly analyzes information from a multitude of sources before developing a course of action. He takes great pride in providing exceptional service and successfully navigating clients through adverse situations. When combined with his dedication and experience, Mitt’s honest but aggressive approach serves the best interests of his clients.
His extensive courtroom experience includes Domestic Relations Law, Contested Probate Matters, Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense, Real Property, and General Civil Matters. In addition to litigation, his practice also includes Estate and Long-Term Care Planning, Municipal Law, Public Housing Law, and Real Estate.
Mitt prides himself in being present in all phases of representation and accessible to clients at all times.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, Rated AV-Preeminent
- Leader Publications, Reader’s Choice, Best of the Best - Silver Winner, 2015-2016
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Berrien County Bar Association
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Michigan Association of Municipal Attorneys
- Michigan Municipal League
- Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Fernwood Botanical Gardens
- Masonic Lodge
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Berrien & Cass Counties
- Niles-Buchanan YMCA, Board of Directors, former President
- YMCA of Southwest Michigan, Board of Directors, President
- Ferry Street Center
- City of Niles, Parks and Recreation Dept., Board of Directors, former President