Profile & Practice Areas
Toni R. Kujawa counsels clients on complex business matters and assists them with developing unique, common sense approaches to everyday legal issues. Her practice focuses on business and corporate law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities compliance and commercial contracts.
Toni has experience working with clients in a variety of industry sectors, including automotive suppliers, manufacturers, retail and financial services, including:
- Representing both buyers and sellers in asset and stock purchases and sales
- Negotiating and drafting complex business purchase and sales agreements
- Assisting clients with forming and maintaining corporate entities and representing that entity with the legal issues that arise in the course of doing business
- Negotiating and drafting a variety of corporate governance documents including buy-sell agreements, shareholder agreements, exchange agreements and stock-restriction agreements
- Negotiating and drafting commercial contracts, including supply agreements, indemnification agreements, leases, terms and conditions, licensing, consulting employment agreements, non-compete agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Counseling automotive suppliers on nonperforming suppliers and maintaining supplier relationships
Toni is known for successful, creative results and resolution with keen attention to the economics of the specific circumstances for each client.
Honors & Awards
- DBusiness Top Lawyers, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2017
- Association for Corporate Growth - Detroit
- The Salvation Army, Echelon Detroit, Board Member, 2016-Present