Profile & Practice Areas
Yasir Muhammad specializes in commercial litigation, construction litigation and commercial real estate. Prior to practicing law, he worked for property management companies and operated his own property management business. Due to such experience, Yasir brings a unique perspective that helps him relate to his clients’ problems from a business perspective.
He has represented, small, mid-sized and large businesses and corporations across wide-ranging industries including, but not limited to, construction, health care, real estate, franchising, non-profits and startups in technology.
Yasir also devotes his time to pro-bono activity by volunteering at legal clinics held at local churches in Detroit, in addition to assisting mosques with variety of legal issues. Lastly, he has also extended his pro-bono commitment to representing clients whose constitutional rights were violated.
Trial Courts and Representative Matters
• Litigated breach of professional standard of care claims against engineers and architects.
• Litigated various breach of contract claims arising out of commercial transactions, real estate transactions and from AIA contracts in construction disputes.
• Defended multiple business torts claims on behalf of small businesses to large corporations.
• Defended corporations against claims for Fair Debt Collection Act violations.
• Litigated title insurance claims.
• Drafted, negotiated and litigated numerous commercial/residential leases, parking lot leases, land contracts and easements for single-family residential properties to large commercial projects.
• Defended board members, co-owners and condominium associations in complex multi-party lawsuits.
• Drafted and incorporated master deed(s), bylaws and other applicable documents for multiple large condominium developments.
• Incorporated various limited liability companies, corporations, and single-purpose entities for real estate acquisitions.
• Drafted Articles of Incorporation, bylaws and other applicable documents relative to governance structure for non-profit corporations.
• Drafted and negotiated proposals to acquire parcels from local municipalities.
• Drafted record retention policies for large health care organizations and professional trade associations.
• Represented and addressed clients’ needs by developing cost-effective electronic discovery protocols in federal and states matters involving extensive electronic data.
- Administrative Proceedings
- Claim Litigation/Arbitration
- Commercial and Contract
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Property Leasing
- Condominium Formation and Conversions
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Corporate Governance
- Insurance Coverage/Risk Management
- Land Use and Zoning
- Lien, Bond, Trust Fund Act Compliance and Enforcement
- Nonprofit and Charitable Organizations
- Real Estate Land Use and Zoning
- Real Property Sales and Acquisitions
- Real Property Taxation, Reassessments, Incentives and Abatements
- Real Property, Development, Construction and Financing
- Risk Analysis and Mitigation Plan
- Shareholder Disputes
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2018-2020
- Building Owners and Managers Association, Emerging Professional, 2018
- State Bar of Michigan
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) of Metropolitan Detroit; Board of Directors
- Federal Bar Association; Technology Committee
- APIAVote-MI; Board of Directors, Chairman