Profile & Practice Areas
Jonathan Sweik is a trial attorney representing companies and individuals in the construction and commercial litigation space. Jon also represents the financial services industry in litigation and enforcement proceedings. Whether a client has been sued and needs a vigorous defense, or has been damaged and must protect its interests by filing a lawsuit, Jon is an experienced and trusted source of advice, guidance and sound judgment to help navigate the nuances of each case.
Knowing and understanding the law and how it applies is only part of the litigation process, however. Every client and every case is unique and deserves an attorney who also understands the facts and circumstances of each case and how they fit into the law. Jon’s years of experience representing clients with a diverse range of needs allow him to develop strategies that skillfully incorporate the facts into the established legal framework, enhancing the opportunity for success.
Jon has tried cases with juries and cases decided by the court. He has arbitrated cases in a variety of forums including the American Arbitration Association, JAMS and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Jon has also resolved numerous cases through private facilitation and/or mediation. As an experienced litigator, Jon is sensitive to the financial impact associated with prosecuting or defending a claim and the heightened levels of pressure that clients often experience. Endeavoring to resolve cases expeditiously and cost-effectively are foundational considerations of every case that Jon handles.
- Administrative Proceedings
- Bank Financing - Litigation
- Claim Litigation/Arbitration
- Commercial and Contract
- Employment Litigation
- Insurance Coverage/Risk Management
- Lien, Bond, Trust Fund Act Compliance and Enforcement
- Securities Litigation, Arbitration and Enforcement
Honors & Awards
- DBusiness, Top Lawyers, Commercial Law
- State Bar of Michigan; Appellate Law Section; Business Law Section
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA)
- City of Berkley, Police and Fire Pension Board