Profile & Practice Areas
Trent C. Hilding now serves as Of Counsel to Kotz Sangster. He brings a broad range of agricultural law and farming experience to the firm. Based on the principals of knowledge, work ethic and compassion, he has served clients throughout Central Michigan and in Michigan’s thumb area.
In the course of his legal work, Trent has specialized in a full range of services to ease farmers and agribusinesses into the transfer of operations that protect and preserve their legacy. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Business Planning / Organization
- Estate Planning / Administration
- Succession Planning
- Financial Planning/Workouts/Debt Restructure
- Real Estate Transfers/Leases
- Oil/Gas/Mineral Agreement Preparation
- Wind to Energy Agreements
- Tax Planning
Committed to providing a full range of legal services to his clients, Trent provides agricultural law services for farmers, ranchers, landowners and agribusinesses. Additionally, he has provided valuable counsel, expertise and assistance in the areas of litigation, real estate tax appeals and corporate advice.
Trent comes from a farming background which helps him better relate to the legal needs of his clients. He is a fifth generation farmer himself, owning and operating a family farm in Central Michigan, and as such, has the seasoned expertise to guide agricultural businesses into the future.
To learn more about Trent, visit Trent C. Hilding, PLC at http://trentchildingplc.com.
- State Bar of Michigan, Agricultural Law Section, Estate Planning, Business, Taxation and Real Estate Sections
- State Bar of Michigan, Agricultural Law Association, President, 2015-2016
- State Bar of Michigan, Probate and Estate Planning Certificate
- American Agricultural Law Association
- American Society of Farm Equipment and Livestock Appraisers
- American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Member, 2009-2010
- Montcalm County Farm Bureau, Board of Directors, 2008-2013, President, 2011-2013
- Montcalm County 4-H Association, Board of Directors, Vice President, 2008-2013
- Michigan Cattlemen’s Association, 2013-Present