Profile & Practice Areas
Thomas J. Vitale has extensive commercial trial and appellate experience as a litigator representing clients in both state and federal courts, focusing his commercial and business practice on the construction, manufacturing and real estate industries. Tom has:
- Represented national and local construction companies, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers in construction and real estate disputes.
- Handled claims in arbitration, mediation and civil litigation involving non-competition agreements, business tort claims, disputes under the UCC, automotive supply chain disputes, tooling disputes and commercial collections.
Kotz Sangster’s clients run fast-paced businesses. When they encounter legal challenges, the firm is ready. Tom responds with sound legal advice and works with his clients to develop a winning strategy, keeping them on track.
- Administrative Proceedings
- Claim Litigation/Arbitration
- Construction Project Development
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Environmental Law for Construction
- Insurance and Bonding
- Lien, Bond, Trust Fund Act Compliance and Enforcement
- Risk Analysis and Mitigation Plan
- Strategic Assistance with Project Execution
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Construction Litigation, 2017
- Jurisprudence Awards for Research, Writing & Advocacy, Evidence, Corporate Law & Policy, Professional Responsibility, and Mergers & Acquisitions
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Leadership Detroit Class XXXVI
- The Salvation Army Outdoors
- Starting with One Scholarship Program
- Brother Rice Alumni Association