Profile & Practice Areas
Dennis K. Egan has represented large clients defending national class actions in the federal courts and small clients in the state courts addressing contractual disputes. He is an accomplished trial lawyer with decades of experience successfully representing clients in lawsuits and arbitration proceedings brought in Michigan and throughout the country. The key focus of his approach is twofold: Be creative in assembling the evidence and arguments that support his clients’ positions and the solutions to their problems, and outwork and outthink his opponents to get the best possible result.
Dennis is conscious of the problems of courtroom litigation, including the fundamental expense and the immense delay in waiting for a trial date. Accordingly, he is also an experienced arbitration and mediation lawyer, having successfully arbitrated cases in Alaska, Florida, Arizona, New York and elsewhere in various arbitration forums.
Within his general commercial practice over the last 35-plus years, Dennis has done extensive work representing investment professionals, securities broker/dealers, and futures commission merchants in defending customer claims, recruiting disputes and regulatory proceedings. This includes a large number of successful securities arbitrations before the NYSE, NASD, FINRA Dispute Resolution and the American Arbitration Association as well as defending class actions in the state and federal courts in both securities and non-securities matters.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, Rated AV-Preeminent
- Super Lawyers, Securities Litigation, 2007-2017
- Leading Lawyers, Commercial Litigation, 2014 - 2018
- DBusiness, Top Lawyers, Litigation / Commercial, Securities Law, 2014 -2018
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association; Litigation Section - State Laws Subcommittee, Class Actions and Derivative Suits Committee, Co-Chair; Broker/Dealer Litigation Subcommittee, Federal Regulation of Securities Committee, Member
- Federal Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association; Counsel Member