Owning a vacation home can create complicated family estate and income tax issues. Planning for the transfer of the family cottage requires a series of thoughtful steps. The cottage can be any vacation home and, whether it's a ski chalet or condo, waterfront property or hunting land, all have financial and emotional ties to a family.
Super Lawyers has published its annual listing of Michigan attorneys who have distinguished themselves in their legal practice. Thirteen (13) lawyers from Kotz Sangster offices across Michigan have been recognized by their peers as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Widely acknowledged as a rating service of outstanding lawyers, Super Lawyers highlights attorneys from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Those honored from Kotz Sangster, and the areas of practice for which they have been recognized, are:
• John T. Below - Employment and Labor
• George F. Curran, III - Environmental
• Dennis K. Egan - Securities Litigation
• Philip A. Grashoff, Jr. - Environmental
• Robert C. Kotz - Business/Corporate
• Kevin J. O’Dowd - Business Litigation
• Jeffrey M. Sangster - Construction Litigation
• Keith J. Soltis - Health Care
• Gregory L. Wysocki - Mergers & Acquisitions
• Andrew W. Barnes - Real Estate
• Courtney B. Ciullo - Business Litigation
• Tyler P. Phillips – Non-Profit Organizations
• Thomas J. Vitale - Construction Litigation