The Michigan Supreme Court has overruled the lower court’s ruling in the case of MSSC Inc. v. AirBoss Flexible Products Co., setting an new precedent for business relationships between material buyers and sellers that directly impacts industrial suppliers and buyers alike. Both should take immediate action to review their existing contracts, paying close attention to the language and clarifications. Read on for more information.
Super Lawyers has published its annual listing of Michigan attorneys who have distinguished themselves in the practice of law. Eighteen (18) lawyers from Kotz Sangster offices across Michigan have been honored by their peers as 2023 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Widely recognized as a rating service of outstanding lawyers, Super Lawyers highlights attorneys from 75 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Of special note is the recognition awarded to health care attorney Keith J. Soltis who serves as managing director of the firm’s Bloomfield Hills office. Keith has been included in the Super Lawyers Top 100 listing. Attorneys in this category are deemed “the best of the best” and were vetted during a multiphase selection process involving peer nomination, independent research and peer evaluation.
Kotz Sangster attorneys honored as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, along with the areas of practice for which they have been recognized, are:
MICHIGAN SUPER LAWYERS
- Ed Boucher – Construction Litigation
- George Curran – Environmental
- David de Reyna – Estate & Probate
- Joe Dragovic – Health Care
- Mitt Drew – Family Law
- Tim Dugan – Construction Litigation
- Dennis Egan – Business Litigation
- Walter Fisher – Employee Benefits
- Jeff Sangster – Construction Litigation
- Robert Sheehan – Business Litigation
- Keith Soltis – Health Care
- Kathryn Spray - Business/Corporate
- Greg Wysocki – Mergers & Acquisitions
MICHIGAN RISING STARS
- Evan Lumley – Construction Litigation
- Bruce Margulis – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Amber Peters – General Litigation
- Tyler Phillips – Construction Litigation
- Josh Whicker – Business Litigation
- Boucher, R. Edward
- Curran, George F. III
- de Reyna, David R.
- Dragovic, Jovan
- Drew, Mowitt S. III
- Dugan, Timothy P.
- Egan, Dennis K.
- Fisher, Walter B. Jr.
- Lumley, Evan M.
- Margulis, Bruce A.
- Peters, Amber D.
- Phillips, Tyler P.
- Sangster, Jeffrey M.
- Sheehan, Robert D.
- Soltis, Keith J.
- Spray, Kathryn R.S.
- Whicker, Joshua L.
- Wysocki, Gregory L.