Profile & Practice Areas
Walter Fisher is a veteran litigator and trial lawyer with extensive experience in State and Federal Courts. He focuses on working with his clients to manage and resolve commercial disputes. With 25 years as a practicing attorney, Walter can assess the strengths and weaknesses of claims early on in a case and provide an accurate assessment of the risks and benefits to allow his clients to make an informed decision regarding whether to settle or litigate a dispute.
Walter’s commercial practice covers a wide variety of legal areas including commercial litigation, contract negotiation, commercial transactions, real estate acquisitions, development, leasing, construction and employment law.
He has represented multiple Taft-Hartley Fringe Benefit Funds in Michigan and other states concerning fringe benefit contributions with a specialty in alter-ego/Successor Liability Litigation.
In 2017, after a successful alter-ego trial in Federal Court, Walter won a verdict of $1.49 million dollars for the Detroit Carpenter Fringe Benefit Funds. He has tried multiple alter-ego cases in Federal Court to successful verdict.
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers, Commercial Litigation, 2024
- Super Lawyers, Employee Benefits, 2023
- Lawyers of Distinction, Excellence in Civil Litigation, 2019
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- First Step Advocacy Project
- Detroit Institute of Arts, Founders Junior Council
- Detroit Athletic Club Foundation, Board Member, 2017-2019
- Coastal Arms Co-Op, Board Member/Vice President