Intellectual property is one of the most often overlooked assets on the balance sheets of businesses today. The intangible nature of these assets leaves them susceptible to being out of sight, out of mind, and, therefore, unprotected. The following 3-step assessment is a great start toward identifying and protecting your intellectual property asset portfolio.
Kotz Sangster has been recognized in Michigan’s regional-specific areas by Best Law Firms®, ranked by Best Lawyers. Additionally, the firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 30th Edition of Best Lawyers in America® and the 4th Edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.
For 2024, the firm is ranked in three (3) Metropolitan Tier Levels and eight (8) areas of law.
REGIONAL TIER 1
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Construction Law
- Litigation – Construction
- Health Care Law
REGIONAL TIER 2
- Corporate Law
- Family Law
REGIONAL TIER 3
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation – Securities
Furthermore, Best Lawyers in America® announced that thirteen (13) attorneys from Kotz Sangster have been recognized in the 30th Edition and are included in the publication’s 2024 publication. And four (4) attorneys have been honored in the 4th Edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, which recognizes lawyers who are associates or earlier in their careers for their outstanding professional excellence in private practice.
Best Lawyers in America® is the oldest and most respected peer review publication in the legal profession. Recognition in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a prestigious honor.
The attorneys being honored in the 2024 publications are:
BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA®
- R. Edward Boucher - Construction Law; Litigation – Construction
- George F. Curran III - Insurance Law
- Jovan Dragovic - Health Care Law
- Mowitt S. Drew III - Family Law
- Timothy P. Dugan - Construction Law
- Dennis K. Egan - Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Securities
- Walter B. Fisher, Jr. - Commercial Litigation
- Robert C. Kotz - Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law; Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Jeffrey M. Sangster - Construction Law; Litigation – Construction
- Keith J. Soltis - Health Care Law
- Jeffrey S. Sternberg - Trusts and Estates
- Bethany S. Sweeny - Employment Law – Management; Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Gregory L. Wysocki - Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses; Corporate Law
BEST LAWYERS: ONES TO WATCH – 4th Edition
- Evan M. Lumley - Construction Law; Commercial Litigation
- Bruce A. Margulis - Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Law
- Amber D. Peters - Family Law
- Tyler P. Phillips - Nonprofit/Charities Law
- Boucher, R. Edward
- Curran, George F. III
- Dragovic, Jovan
- Drew, Mowitt S. III
- Dugan, Timothy P.
- Egan, Dennis K.
- Fisher, Walter B. Jr.
- Kotz, Robert C.
- Lumley, Evan M.
- Margulis, Bruce A.
- Peters, Amber D.
- Phillips, Tyler P.
- Sangster, Jeffrey M.
- Soltis, Keith J.
- Sternberg, Jeffrey S.
- Sweeny, Bethany S.
- Wysocki, Gregory L.