Profile & Practice Areas
Timothy P. Dugan is a lawyer specializing in construction law, real estate law, and corporate business law.
As a construction lawyer, Tim works with a wide range of clients including general contractors, subcontractors, and owners. His legal expertise includes pre-construction (evaluation/feasibility of projects, contractor reviews, contract preparation, etc.), construction, and project close-outs. He also assists with claim strategy and negotiation with governmental and private owners.
His client list over the last thirty years of practicing law is diverse and extensive. His clients are regarded as leaders in the construction and real estate industries. Tim’s success in developing long-term relationships with clients is a testament to his vast construction industry knowledge, as well as his ability to provide results through critical problem solving.
Tim believes everything done on his client’s behalf should provide them with value, improve their business, and effectively solve their legal issues. He sees himself as an extension of their team, prioritizing understanding how they do business and what beneficial growth looks like for each client.
Others in the legal profession regularly seek Tim out as a mediator and arbitrator, making use of his well-reasoned analytical skills, fair decision making, and vast knowledge of construction law and real estate law.
- Claim Litigation/Arbitration
- Commercial and Contract
- Construction Project Development
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Corporate and Business Planning Services
- Real Estate Financing
- Real Estate Project Development
- Real Property Sales and Acquisitions
- Strategic Assistance with Project Execution
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, Rated AV-Preeminent
- Best Lawyers, Construction Law, 2024
- Super Lawyers, Construction Litigation, Real Estate, 2007-2008, 2017-2023
- Leading Lawyers, ADR Law: Commercial Real Estate, Environmental & Construction, Construction Law, 2015-2022
- DBusiness Top Lawyers
- State Bar of Michigan, Real Estate and Property Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry, Member
- American Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Angels Place Catholic Charity - creating 20+ homes for mentally-challenged adults, Advisory Board, 20+ years
- Brother Rice High School, Board of Directors, 2016-2021, Chairman 2022