Litigation surrounding a breach of contract is rarely as simple as it may superficially seem. While the breach itself can be cause for legal action, it does not take into account the additional torts endured by the plaintiff resulting from it. In this piece for the Michigan Bar Journal, Kotz Sangster lawyer Jovan Dragovic explores how historical Michigan cases have addressed the simultaneous liability of the defendant for both breach of contract and any tangentially-related damages that result from that breached contract.
Super Lawyers has published its annual Michigan listing of attorneys who have distinguished themselves in the practice of law. Thirteen (13) lawyers from Kotz Sangster offices across Michigan have been honored by their peers as 2021 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Widely recognized as a rating service of outstanding lawyers, Super Lawyers highlights attorneys from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Additionally, Keith Soltis has again been included in the Michigan Super Lawyers Top 100 listing. Attorneys included in this special listing were ranked as such during the publication’s nomination, research and blue ribbon review process.
Those honored from Kotz Sangster, along with the areas of practice for which they have been recognized, are:
MICHIGAN SUPER LAWYERS
- Ed Boucher – Construction Litigation
- George Curran – Environmental
- David de Reyna – Estate & Probate
- Joe Dragovic – Health Care
- Dennis Egan – Business Litigation
- Jeff Sangster – Construction Litigation
- Keith Soltis – Health Care
- Greg Wysocki – Mergers & Acquisitions
MICHIGAN RISING STARS
- Haley Clough – Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- Mark Johnson – Business Litigation
- Bruce Margulis – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Yasir Muhammad – Business Litigation
- Tyler Phillips – Construction Litigation