Kotz Sangster attorneys have been named as 2021 Michigan Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
The Department of Labor continues to update its initial guidance that was released on March 24, 2020, regarding the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
A link to the most recent guidance can be found here.
This latest guidance addresses issues such as:
- What is considered “teleworking” (Questions 17-20)
- The use of intermittent emergency FMLA (Questions 21-23)
- Whether an employee is eligible for relief if on a furlough from work, or if his/her hours have been reduced (Questions 23-29)
- Whether a shelter in place order is a quarantine or isolation order that would trigger the benefits of the FFCRA (Questions 27 and 28)
- Return to work rights (Question 43)
- Who or what is considered a healthcare provider and/or emergency responder (Questions 56 and 57)
- Additional guidance regarding the small business exemption (Questions 58 and 59)
We expect that the DOL will continue to provide updates, which we will share with you as they become available.
Please do not hesitate to contact Bethany Sweeny (email@example.com) or your Kotz Sangster attorney with any questions.