Profile & Practice Areas
Mark focuses his practice primarily on commercial and construction litigation. His business-mindedness enables him to comfortably guide sophisticated clients through all phases of dispute resolution. In addition to his considerable experience as a litigator, Mark is an analytical problem solver with strong research and writing skills. He leverages those skills to help his clients effectively resolve complex issues while managing risk and limiting exposure. Mark has represented clients in matters involving the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice, and has represented clients in various high-exposure lawsuits. He has extensive experience managing large-scale e-discovery projects, helping clients greatly reduce the financial burden so often involved with expansive discovery.
Prior to joining Kotz Sangster, Mark worked for a respected law firm in the Metro Detroit area where he represented clients in all facets of litigation. While studying law in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, he worked as a legal intern with the Office of the General Counsel at IQVIA (the world’s largest biopharmaceutical CRO). He also gained practical experience working under Professor Deborah Gerhardt (the head of UNC Law’s Intellectual Property Department).
Mark earned his undergraduate degree from Western Michigan University, where he was also a member of a fraternity and the club baseball team. Before attending law school, he enjoyed several years of professional experience within the financial industry, and held a sales-and-marketing position with a professional sports organization, gaining valuable knowledge and leadership merits. He received his Juris Doctor from The University of North Carolina School of Law, where he served as a staff member for the North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation. He was also the Vice President of UNC Law’s Sports & Entertainment Law Association.
• Successfully defended commercial real estate action on behalf of Fortune 25 nationwide retailer.
• Acted as trial counsel for large trucking company in defense of auto-negligence case involving nine parties, and reached a favorable settlement at just five percent of the plaintiff’s demand.
• Represented major automobile manufacturer in high-exposure product liability cases.
• Managed numerous complex e-discovery projects on behalf of major automobile manufacturer for multiple actions involving federal agencies.
- State Bar of Michigan; Young Lawyers Section, Litigation Section
- Oakland County Bar Association; New Lawyers Committee, Director
- Federal Bar Association; Member