Profile & Practice Areas
Robert D. Sheehan has established a sterling reputation as one of the most tenacious litigators in Michigan. With strong ties to the community, he maintains a strong conviction to provide the community with the finest legal representation. In addition to his strong presence in Michigan, Bob has built an interstate and international practice as well. He is admitted to multiple jurisdictions and handles complex litigation and transactional matters across the globe.
A Michigan native, Bob began his practice in Southern California as a commercial litigator. After several years there, he returned to his home state of Michigan. Bob focuses his practice on commercial litigation, corporate, transactional and real estate matters. His experience in litigation and corporate management also led him to develop a strong white collar criminal defense practice, with a perspective unique among such defense attorneys. Bob ultimately merged his firm with Kotz Sangster and, as a small business owner himself, he brings that perspective to his practice.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, Rated AV-Preeminent
- Super Lawyers, 2015-2019
- State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of California
- The Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Rochester Bar Association; Past President
- American Bar Association
- All Federal Courts in Michigan, California and Washington D.C.
- U.S. District Court, Western Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Cranbrook Schools, Bloomfield Hills; Board of Governors, former Member
- Great Oaks Country Club; Past President