Profile & Practice Areas
To better serve clients with business on the west coast, Robert D. Sheehan maintains his bar admission in California in addition to practicing in Michigan and Washington, DC. Bob has deep experience in practicing across jurisdictions and has handled complex litigation and transactional matters around the globe. Bob has earned a reputation as a tenacious and effective litigator with a strong conviction and care for the communities in which he serves.
A Michigan native, Bob began his practice in Southern California as a commercial litigator. After several years there, he returned to his home state of Michigan. Bob focuses his practice on commercial litigation, corporate, transactional and real estate matters. His experience in litigation and corporate management also led him to develop a strong white collar criminal defense practice.
Bob ultimately merged his firm with Kotz Sangster and, as a small business owner himself, he brings that perspective to his practice.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, Rated AV-Preeminent
- Super Lawyers, Real Estate, Business Litigation, 2015-2023
- State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of California
- The Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Rochester Bar Association; Past President
- American Bar Association
- Cranbrook Schools, Bloomfield Hills; Board of Governors, former Member
- Great Oaks Country Club; Past President